Leather products are known for their class, charm and timelessness. Lover of all seasons, leather will keep you cool in the summer and warm in the winter. Not only does it look and feel great, it will last you a lifetime. And while other kinds of fabric will wear and tear over time, top quality leather products forms a patina that gets better overtime. Did you know that leather gains more shine through use? Indeed, making the choice to buy a leather furniture piece is an investment for a lifetime; it’s the gift that keeps on giving.
While leather is virtually maintenance-free, there are a few active steps you can take to keep your furniture in the best possible condition. Here are a few do’s and don’ts when it comes to leather maintenance:
- Wipe over leather once a week with a damp, soft cloth.
- Always clean up water and food spills straightaway. They can permanently leave a mark on the leather.
- Apply leather conditioner every 3-4 months to keep the leather soft and supple. Make sure you use a good quality leather care product.
- Never use soaps, abrasive cleaners, furniture oils or excess water to clean leather.
- Never place the furniture in any direct sunlight. This is to prevent the leather from fading. Build-up of dirt and stains can cause the coating on leather to break down.
- Never place leather furniture near direct heating.
With just a little love and care, your leather furniture will serve you for many years of enjoyment. If you have any extra tips or tricks please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.